Simlog's Forklift Personal Simulator puts trainees at the controls of a typical factory forklift with rear-wheel steering. Challenging training scenarios reproduce the productivity demands of modern factory, warehouse, and distribution center environments. Our intelligent Instructional Design will guide your trainees through a series of 7 skill-building Simulation Modules that emphasize safety in every exercise.
Backhoe Loader Personal Simulator
Simlog’s Backhoe Loader Personal Simulator puts you at the controls of a backhoe loader (BHL), also called “Loader Backhoe” and “Tractor Loader Backhoe (TLB), at work in a typical construction site.
Both SAE and ISO joystick patterns are available, and changing the point of view during the simulation is easy with joystick buttons, keyboard function keys and mouse controls.
Training efficiency is delivered through a modular Instructional Design that teaches real skills for productive and safe equipment operations in the field.
Special configuration parameters allow instructors to modify the 3D modelling to select one of five possible color combinations, and set the number of lift arm cylinders to one or two. This flexibility makes the simulated Backhoe Loader look like the equipment sold by all the leading OEMs.
Other configuration parameters make it possible to set up just one display where space is limited, or three displays to create a much larger field of view. Also unique to Simlog, a rear display can be added to teach new operators to turn their heads when backing up.
And unique to Simlog, all you need is one off-the-shelf PC! Either use your own computer, or choose the convenience of our PC bundle with the Simlog software already installed, licensed, and ready to go in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese.
- Highly realistic simulation graphics and physics
- 9 Simulation Modules of increasing difficulty
- 62 Performance Indicators to comprehensively evaluate the simulated work
- 2 Procedure and Fatal errors to detect incorrect and unsafe operator actions
- Many kinds of USB-ready simulator controls and mounting options
- SAE and ISO Joystick Patterns supported
- Support for multiple displays
- Configuration parameters to modify the 3D modelling and set the number of lift arm cylinders
- Viewpoints from inside and outside the cabin that can be changed during simulation
- HD Instructional Video for each Simulation Module
- e-book Instructional Companion
Backhoe Loader Personal Simulator Replica Controls
Simlog Replica Controls for the Backhoe Loader Personal Simulator feature industrial strength components suitable for both table-top mounting and Simlog’s Operator Chair. If you are a Simlog customer, you may be able to re-use the Replica Controls that you already have.
Replica Controls begin with two industrial USB joysticks. There are a total of 8 push-buttons for the thumb, plus a trigger, to let you change the viewpoint by looking to the left/right, looking up/down, and by changing the viewing mode during the simulation. The USB electronics are built right into the base, so the joystick can be connected directly to your PC. Simlog also offers table-top mounting brackets to bring the joysticks down from table-top height to the sides of an ordinary chair, to better mimic the positioning of real controls in the cabin of real heavy equipment.
To complete the Replica Controls, add the Logitech “G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel” consisting of a steering wheel and a three-pedal unit, and the “G920 Driving Force Shifter,” a gear shifter that can also be used with many other Personal Simulators. In most countries, the G920 is for sale in retail stores that sell computers or video games, but it may also be purchased from Logitech’s on-line store. (Logitech’s previous model, the “G27 Racing Wheel” can also be used.)
Four Possible Set-Ups
- Single front wall-mounted display
- One front and one rear display
- Three displays in front, side-by-side on a table
- Three displays in front with fourth in the rear
For all setups, Simlog’s Custom Travel Case makes transportation easy.
- Made-to-measure, with dedicated slots for levers, joysticks, pedals, steering wheel, and table-top mounting brackets
- Space for a laptop PC, cables, and documentation
- Pull-out handle, with multiple positions
- Wheels (casters)
- Cases are “stackable,” for easy transport.
- Overall dimensions: 30″ (76cm) x 24″ (61cm) x 19″ (50cm)
- Approximate weight: 50 lbs. (23 kg) when empty, up to 100 lbs. (46 kg) when full (depending upon the Replica Controls.)
Simlog’s Operator Chair with industrial controls offers a superior simulation experience to train Backhoe Loader operators thanks to an authentic operator seat with consoles for the left and right hands, and an adjustable steering column. All are mounted on an industrial platform with casters, for easy portability.
The industrial steering wheel is mounted on a column that telescopes and easily pivots to numerous angles and it includes three industrial pedals.
If you already have a Simlog Operator Chair that you are using with some other Personal Simulator, then you may be able to re-configure that Operator Chair by purchasing additional elements.
- Authentic industrial operator seat, with air suspension, and seat-belt
- Adjustable seat position (forward/backwards, three vertical positions)
- Adjustable armrests (in height and angle)
- Integrated left and right consoles for joystick controls
- Full steering column with pivot and telescope capabilities
- Fully functional industrial style pedals
- Steel platform with heavy-duty casters for easy portability
- Overall Dimensions: L 60” (152.4 cm) x W 34” (86.4 cm) x H 47” (119.4 cm)
- Weight: 385 lbs. (175 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions: 67″ (170.2 cm) x 43″ (109.2 cm) x 44″ (118.8 cm)
- Shipping Weight: approximately 550 lbs. (250 kg) One unit per skid, not stackable
- 120 VAC/60 Hz, 220-240VAC/50 Hz
Vibration increases the realism of our Personal Simulators by adding physical (tactile) feedback to the audio and visual, making the experience more “immersive” at little additional cost, especially when compared to a motion platform.
The vibration that you feel is generated from the simulation software’s audio system as things happen. Engine idling, collisions with obstacles, digging virtual terrain, etc. can all be seen, heard and experienced! Adding vibration improves the realism of the simulation and makes the simulator-based training more compelling, encouraging trainees to be more serious and learn more carefully.
For our Operator Chairs, Simlog offers a vibration system that includes the “ButtKicker Simulation Kit” plus special mounting for the operator seat. The “ButtKicker” is a low-frequency sound transducer equipped with its own amplifier and “volume” controller to change the “force” of the vibration created by the simulation software sounds.
The following Simulation Modules present training scenarios typical of real backhoe loaders:
- Controls Familiarization
- Bucket Positioning, for driving forwards and backwards with separate targets for the loader and backhoe buckets
- Stockpiling, to move material from a digging zone to a dumping zone with the loader bucket
- Truck Loading – Loader, using rocks
- Following Grade, with the backhoe
- Truck Loading – Backhoe, using rocks
- Buried Utilities – Parallel Excavation, piping is aligned with the positioning of the Backhoe Loader
- Buried Utilities – Perpendicular Excavation
Key Performance Indicators
Key “Performance Indicators” measure how quickly and how carefully the simulated work is performed. With 62 Performance Indicators, feedback is diagnostic, instead of just a consolidated pass/fail score. They include execution time, bucket orientation errors, hydraulic slams and collisions.
A variety of incorrect operating conditions will trigger “Procedure Errors”, such as driving “out of bounds”. Finally, conditions related to safety receive special attention: a Backhoe Loader overturn condition will trigger “Fatal Errors” and the simulation immediately stops.
Simulation results are automatically saved, along with the occurrence of any “Procedure Error” or “Fatal Error”, so trainees can progress at their own pace without trainer supervision. To simplify the record keeping, Simlog offers a database product called Simulation Manager, and the same database can be used with all of our Personal Simulators.
Low Total Cost of Ownership & Quick ROI
Real affordability, that’s how Simlog sets the standard in cost-effective simulation. The fact is, training with our Personal Simulator is a fraction of the cost of training with a real Backhoe Loader, especially considering that even small accidents due to operator inexperience can mean thousands of dollars in replacement parts and downtime. And the purchase of the simulation software license is a one-time fee, to keep the total cost of ownership as low as possible, with no restrictions on the number of people that you can train.
The software license, a one-time fee, will pay for itself when you train just a handful of new operators. How? Consider the rising costs of putting a real Backhoe Loader to work with a qualified instructor, the damage and downtime that inexperience can cause, and finally the risk of possible injury. That’s why it just makes sense to prepare new operators with Simlog help.
The U.S. Dept. of Labor forecasts that the automotive industry is expected to add 237,500 new jobs and have a 30 percent growth rate through 2020
We offer a variety of training products for this career cluster including:
- Automotive Technology and Diesel Engine programs from LJ Create
- SimSpray virtual reality paint spraying for Collision Repair programs
- Simlog Heavy Equipment Simulators for training heavy equipment operators
- OilTec Port Crane Simulators
- Transas Maritime Simulation & Training